ICRD Program Assistant position:
The International Center for Religion & Diplomacy (ICRD) is seeking to hire a Program Assistant who will work with the entire ICRD team to provide support for specific ICRD projects and grant proposals, particularly in the MENA and South Asia region – including but not limited to the following:
- Assist in conducting conflict analysis, program design and broad strategic development;
- Provide administrative and programming support including: communications, financial accounting, drafting of documents, and logistical support;
- Translate between Arabic and English, both orally and in written documentation;
- Help draft proposals and project and grant reports for donors;
- Assist with the development of program resources, which may include: methodologies, conflict resolution tools, training materials or curricula, and monitoring and evaluation tools;
- Conduct research to inform program development and implementation;
- Potentially assist in field activities, as relevant, which may include: serving as a co-trainer, facilitator, or translator;
- Maintain an ongoing list of partners and supporters, and communicate with them as needed;
- Other tasks as designated by ICRD senior staff.
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Fluency in Arabic, both written and spoken (native speaker preferred);
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken;
- Meaningful experience in supporting project management, administration, and implementation;
- Commitment to religious pluralism and religious freedom;
- Some knowledge of concepts and practices of reducing and resolving identity conflict and countering violent extremism;
- Country-specific knowledge related to some of the following: Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Morocco, Tunisia (additionally, Iran, Jordan, Syria, and Egypt are helpful);
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Exceptional research, writing, and editing skills;
- Willingness to be flexible and contribute beyond normal tasks and areas of expertise;
- Ability to handle multiple competing deadlines, as well as adapt to differences in cultural and professional styles across country contexts;
- Effective at working as part of a team in a diverse and fluid environment;
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems with minimal supervision;
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Affairs, Conflict Resolution, Religious Studies or related field with 3 years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree in same.
Additional Skills – some or all of the following are preferred:
- Strong understanding of Arab cultures, including the ability to cultivate and maintain relationships and carry out negotiations in Arab cultural contexts;
- Understanding of Islam, including subtleties of sectarian identities and practices, and current social and political realities in Islamic contexts;
- Training and facilitation skills;
- Experience in grants management, including working with USG grant mechanisms;
- Experience in program design;
- General understanding of core concepts, values, and communities of practice in other faith traditions;
- Experience in designing financial management tools;
- Experience in designing training curricula;
- Fundraising experience – particularly with private donors;
- IT skills, including innovative use of new technologies;
- Familiarity with current USG policy priorities;
- International field experience;
- High degree of proficiency in Urdu language;
- Proficiency in Spanish language.
Applications are encouraged to be submitted by 15 July 2017, and will be considered on a rolling basis. To be considered for a Program Assistant position, please compile your cover letter, resume, writing samples, and references into a single Word or PDF document and send to Kaisa Standish at email@example.com. Please label the first attachment: “Last Name, First Name_Program Assistant Application”.
- Cover Letter – Include a brief overview of your qualifications for the position and why you are interested in working with ICRD.
- Résumé – Include your professional and educational experience and language skills (specify level of oral and written skills).
- Writing Sample – Please submit two 1-3-page writing samples of your choice (may be excerpts from longer essays), feel free to submit an Arabic translation as well.
- References – Please submit the name, phone number, and email of two-three references. At least one of these should be professional references, the others can be professional or academic references.