ICRD is currently accepting Program Internship applications on a rolling basis. Historically, ICRD has looked for interns who have passion and experience in the fields of religion and conflict mitigation. We are currently seeking Program Interns for research and support of our active programs in Yemen, Jordan, Mali, and the United States.
Programs are at various stages of implementation, and all interns generally work closely with ICRD staff across multiple programs throughout the duration of the internship.
Internship Location: Washington, DC (offered remote/virtually)
Language Requirements: We primarily need experience in written and spoken Arabic, French, and Spanish. Language skills are NOT required but are highly preferred.
- Monitoring news and preparing a news brief together with other interns on a daily basis;
- Participating in policy forums and other events as a representative of ICRD;
- Preparing event and meeting reports and memos for senior staff members;
- Conducting research on political and economic developments in countries that are relevant to the Center’s work;
- Maintaining accurate databases, conducting research on new funding opportunities, and helping to develop effective fundraising and outreach strategies;
- Writing a blog post on a topic of personal interest that is related to ICRD’s mission;
- Updating the Center’s social media profiles (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- An undergraduate or graduate student in good academic standing, or a recent graduate;
- A major inPolitical Science, International Relations, International Studies, Anthropology, Religious Studies, Conflict Studies, Area/Ethnic Studies, or related field.
- A commitment to religious pluralism and collaboration;
- Excellent writing and research skills; 5. Relevant thematic knowledge (conflict transformation, conflict analysis, comparative religion, etc.) and regional experience (particularly Central & South Asia, the Middle East, Latin America, and the Horn of Africa & Sahel regions).
Duration and Hours:
Internships will generally run from Monday, January 8th 2024 through Friday, May 3rd 2024. Full–time (40h per week) and part–time positions (15h–25h per week) are available.
How to Apply: To be considered, please send your resume, cover letter, and most recent transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.