COMMUNICATIONS AND OUTREACH INTERNSHIP:
ICRD is accepting communications and outreach internship applications. The Communications and Outreach Intern will work with ICRD’s communications staff – providing broad support to ICRD’s communication and fundraising efforts, including: social media, marketing or graphic design, researching and pursuing new funding opportunities, conducting grant management and reporting and helping to develop effective fundraising and outreach strategies.
- Creating content for all social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram);
- Implementing existing and creating new social media strategies;
- Developing graphic design concepts for outreach materials;
- Maximizing use of existing crowd-sourcing platforms and identifying new ones;
- Identifying government and private funding opportunities and recommending suitable program matches;
- Assisting with the research and development of new project concepts;
- Assisting with tracking of funding opportunities and corresponding action steps and deadlines;
- Curating and updating website content;
- Fall interns will assist with the end-of-year fundraising appeal. Spring interns will assist with all aspects of the annual fundraising dinner.
- Currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate studies, or a recent graduate in Communications, Business, International Development, Media Studies or related fields;
- Preferred prior experience and proficiency with social media and/or fundraising;
- Enthusiasm for applying social media and outreach strategies in a nonprofit setting;
- Experience with Salesforce, Photoshop, graphic design and/or data analytics preferred;
- Commitment to religious pluralism;
- General interest in the fields of religion and conflict mitigation.
Duration and hours:
Internships will generally run from mid-May until early-August, but start and end dates are flexible. Full-time availability (40h per week) is preferable, but applications for part-time positions (ca. 20-24h per week) will also be considered. All internship positions are unpaid.
How to Apply:
To be considered, send the following items as a single Word or PDF document to email@example.com by March 10, 2019. Please label the attachment as “Last Name, First Name_ Program or Outreach Application”.
- Cover letter – Please indicate your date of availability.
- Resume – Please include your GPA, relevant work and extracurricular experience, language skills, academic major(s) and graduation year.
- References – Please include at least 2 references.
- Writing sample – Please submit a 1-3-page writing sample of your choice (may be excerpts from longer essays), or respond to the following question in 500 words or less (approx. 1 page): Where specifically in the world do you see religion having the greatest potential to resolve conflict, and why?
- Most recent academic transcript – You may attach them separately.
All applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202) 331-9404.