ICRD is currently accepting Development Internship applications for Fall 2022. The Development Intern will work with ICRD’s development staff – providing broad support to ICRD’s development efforts, including: social media, marketing or graphic design, researching and pursuing new funding opportunities, conducting grant management and reporting, and helping to develop effective fundraising and outreach strategies.
- Updating and tracking individual donor contributions in ICRD’s Salesforce database;
- Exploring corporate philanthropy and private sector donor relationships;
- Identify and draft foundation funding opportunities;
- Maximizing the use of existing crowdsourcing platforms and identifying new ones;
- Identifying government and private funding opportunities and recommending suitable program matches;
- Assisting with the research and development of new project concepts;
- Assist with foundation outreach calendar and foundation reporting deadlines;
- Plan and execute short- and long-term thematic fundraising campaigns;
- Assist with scheduled donor call-time initiatives;
- Spring and Summer interns will assist with all aspects of the annual fundraising dinner. Fall interns will assist with the end-of-year fundraising appeal.
- An undergraduate or graduate student in good academic standing, or a recent graduate;
- A major in Political Science, International Relations, International Studies, Communications, Business, or related field, will be considered for the Development Internship position;
- A commitment to religious pluralism and collaboration;
- Excellent writing and research skills;
- Relevant thematic knowledge (conflict transformation, conflict analysis, comparative religion, etc.) and regional experience (particularly Central & South Asia, the Middle East, Latin America, and the Horn of Africa & Sahel regions).
Duration and Hours:
Internships will generally run from late-August until mid-December, but start and end dates are flexible. Full-time (40h per week) and part-time positions (15h-20h per week) are available. All internship positions are unpaid.
How to Apply:
To be considered, send the following items as a single Word or PDF document to Mallie Strickland at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, August 12, 2022, at 11:59 PM Eastern Time. Please label the attachment as “Last Name, First Name_ Development Application”.
- Cover letter – Please indicate your date of availability.
- Resume – Please include your GPA, relevant work and extracurricular experience, language skills, academic major(s), and graduation year.
- Writing sample – Please submit a 1-3-page writing sample of your choice (may be excerpts from longer essays), or respond to the following question in 500 words or less (approx. 1 page): Where specifically in the world do you see religion having the greatest potential to resolve conflict, and why?
- Most recent academic transcript – You may attach them separately.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
For more information, e-mail email@example.com.