ICRD Program Assistant Position:
The International Center for Religion & Diplomacy (ICRD) is seeking to hire a Program Assistant who will work with the ICRD team to provide support for specific projects—particularly in the Middle East and North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, and/or Central to South-east Asia—and assist with grant proposals and overall strategic organizational development. The Program Assistants portfolio would include, but may not limited to, the following:
- Provide administrative and programming support including: communications, drafting of documents, and logistical support;
- Coordinate team visits, travel authorizations, expense reports, and contract agreements to support implementation of programs;
- Assist with writing summaries of project activities and results including quarterly and other program reports for funding agencies;
- Assist the team with project oversight, including financial tracking and progress towards program deliverables;
- Translate between English and/or Arabic, and/or French, and/or other languages (based on additional capacities) both orally and in written documentation;
- Collect and track news and data sources on recent developments for specific project portfolios, such as Saudi Arabia, Maldives, Uganda, United States; etc;
- Conduct desk research to support senior staff on analyzing interreligious dynamics in countries of interest, including determining drivers of religious conflicts, mapping peacebuilding activities and assessment of religious minority rights;
- Support compilation and analysis of data from monitoring & evaluation activities;
- Possible travel to assist with field-programming and training logistics;
- Other tasks as designated by senior staff.
- Strong inter-personal skills;
- Commitment to religious pluralism and religious freedom;
- Meaningful experience in supporting project management, administration, and implementation;
- Demonstrated interest in the fields of conflict resolution, peacebuilding, tolerant religious education and/or faith-based dialogue and reconciliation;
- In-depth knowledge of, for instance: Saudi Arabia’s and Uganda’s education sector; global spread of Salafism; preventing/countering violent extremism; inter and intra-religious conflict dynamics and transformation;
- Exceptional research, writing, and editing skills;
- Willingness to be flexible and contribute beyond normal tasks and areas of expertise;
- Ability to handle multiple competing deadlines, as well as adapt to differences in cultural and professional styles across country contexts;
- Effective at working as part of a team in a diverse and fluid environment;
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems with minimal supervision;
- Legally authorized to work in the United States (ICRD is unable to sponsor visas at this time);
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Arabic and/or French;
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2 years of relevant experience in International Affairs, Conflict Resolution, Religious Studies or related field or Master’s Degree in same.
- Experience in grants management, including working with USG grant mechanisms;
- Experience in program design;
- Experience in designing financial management tools;
- Experience in teacher training and textbook design and evaluation;
- In-depth knowledge of at least one religion or religious community, combined with an ability to look broadly, analytically and comparatively at a diverse spectrum of religious beliefs and practices in a certain country or region;
- Experience in engaging religious actors in peacebuilding activities, social justice initiatives and interfaith dialogue and collaboration;
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation, data collection, conducting interviews and designing surveys.
Salary Range: $32,000 to 35,000 annually depending on experience.
How to Apply:
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and will be accepted no later than 18 August 2021. To be considered for a Program Assistant position, please compile your cover letter, resume, writing samples, and references into a single Word or PDF document and send to Maelys Lossa (she/her) at email@example.com. Please label the attachment: “Last Name First Name_ICRD Program Assistant Application”. For an application to be consider, all documents must be included.
- Cover Letter – Include a brief overview of your qualifications for the position and why you are interested in working with ICRD.
- Résumé – Include your professional and educational experience and language skills (specify level of oral and written skills).
- Writing Sample – Please submit two 1-3 page writing samples of your choice (may be excerpts from longer essays) and an Arabic translation of one of those writing samples.
- References – Please submit the name, phone number, and email of two-three references. At least one of these should be a professional reference, the others can be professional or academic references.