The International Center for Religion & Diplomacy (ICRD) is seeking to hire a Program
Assistant who will work with the ICRD team to provide support for specific projects, particularly in Yemen and Saudi Arabia and with grant proposals – including but not limited to the following:
● Provide administrative and programming support including: communications, drafting of
documents, and logistical support;
● Coordinate team visits, travel authorizations, expense reports, and contract agreements to
support implementation of programs;
● Assist with writing summaries of project activities and results including quarterly and
other program reports for funding agencies;
● Assist the team with project oversight, including financial tracking and progress towards
● Translate between Arabic and English, both orally and in written documentation;
● Collect and track news and data sources on recent developments in Yemen;
● Conduct desk research to support senior staff on analyzing interreligious dynamics in
countries of interest, including determining drivers of religious conflicts, mapping
peacebuilding activities and assessment of religious minority rights;
● Support compilation and analysis of data from monitoring & evaluation activities;
● Possible travel to assist with field-programming and training logistics;
● Other tasks as designated by senior staff.
● Strong inter-personal skills;
● Meaningful experience in supporting project management, administration, and
● Commitment to religious pluralism and religious freedom;
● Demonstrated interest in the fields of conflict resolution, peacebuilding, tolerant religious
education and/or faith-based reconciliation.
● Exceptional research, writing, and editing skills;
● Willingness to be flexible and contribute beyond normal tasks and areas of expertise;
● Ability to handle multiple competing deadlines, as well as adapt to differences in cultural
and professional styles across country contexts;
● Effective at working as part of a team in a diverse and fluid environment;
● Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems with minimal
● Legally authorized to work in the United States (ICRD is unable to sponsor visas at this
● Fluency in both written and spoken English and Arabic;
● Bachelor’s Degree with 2 years of relevant experience in International Affairs, Conflict
Resolution, Religious Studies or related field or Master’s Degree in same.
Additional Skills – some or all of the following are preferred:
● Fluency in French, Spanish or Amharic or Bahasa Indonesia
● Experience in grants management, including working with USG grant mechanisms;
● Experience in program design;
● Experience in designing financial management tools;
● Experience in teacher training and textbook design and evaluation;
● In-depth knowledge of at least one religion or religious community, combined with an
ability to look broadly, analytically and comparatively at a diverse spectrum of religious
beliefs and practices in a certain country or region;
● In-depth knowledge of Saudi Arabia’s education sector or the global spread of Salafism.
● Experience in engaging religious actors in peacebuilding activities, social justice
initiatives and interfaith dialogue and collaboration;
● Experience in monitoring and evaluation, data collection, conducting interviews and
Salary Range: $33,000 to 36,000 annually depending on experience.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. To be considered for a Program Assistant
position, please compile your cover letter, resume, writing samples, and references into a single
Word or PDF document and send to Carrie Ertel at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please label the attachment: “Last Name First Name_ICRD Program Assistant Application”.
1. Cover Letter – Include a brief overview of your qualifications for the position and why
you are interested in working with ICRD.
2. Résumé – Include your professional and educational experience and language skills
(specify level of oral and written skills).
3. Writing Sample – Please submit two 1-3 page writing samples of your choice (may be
excerpts from longer essays) and an Arabic translation of one of those writing samples.
4. References – Please submit the name, phone number, and email of two-three references.
At least one of these should be a professional reference, the others can be professional or