ICRD is currently accepting Program Internship applications for Spring 2023. Historically, ICRD has looked for interns who have passion and experience in the fields of religion and conflict mitigation. We are currently seeking Program Interns for research and support of our active programs in Yemen, Saudi Arabia, South Asia, Maldives, Sahel, Uganda, and the US.
Programs are at various stages of implementation, and all interns generally work closely with ICRD staff across multiple programs throughout the duration of the internship.
- We primarily need experience in written and spoken Arabic, French, Spanish, Hindi, and Russian. Language skills are NOT required but are highly preferred.
- Monitoring news and preparing a news brief together with other interns on a weekly basis;
- Participating in policy forums and other events as a representative of ICRD;
- Preparing event and meeting reports and memos for senior staff members;
- Conducting research on political and economic developments in countries that are relevant to the Center’s work;
- Maintaining accurate databases, conducting research on new funding opportunities, and helping to develop effective fundraising and outreach strategies;
- Writing a blog post on a topic of personal interest that is related to ICRD’s mission;
- Updating the Center’s social media profiles (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram);
- Occasional administrative tasks as needed by the Center’s staff.
- An undergraduate or graduate student in good academic standing, or a recent graduate;
- A major in Political Science, International Relations, International Studies, Anthropology, Religious Studies, Conflict Studies, Area/Ethnic Studies, or a related field.
- A commitment to religious pluralism and collaboration;
- Excellent writing and research skills;
- Relevant thematic knowledge (conflict transformation, conflict analysis, comparative religion, etc.) and regional experience (particularly Central & South Asia, the Middle East, Latin America, and the Horn of Africa & Sahel regions).
Duration and Hours:
Internships will generally run from mid-January to early May with start and end dates being flexible. Full-time (40h per week) and part-time positions (15h-20h per week) are available. All internship positions are unpaid.
How to Apply:
To be considered, send the following items as a single Word or PDF document to Mallie Strickland at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, December 9, 2022, at 11:59 PM Eastern Time. Please label the attachment as “Last Name, First Name_ Program Application”.
- Cover letter – Please indicate your date of availability.
- Resume – Please include your GPA, relevant work and extracurricular experience, language skills,
academic major(s), and graduation year.
- Writing sample – Please submit a 1-3-page writing sample of your choice (may be excerpts from longer essays), or respond to the following question in 500 words or less (approx. 1 page): Where specifically in the world do you see religion having the greatest potential to resolve conflict, and why?
- Most recent academic transcript – You may attach them separately.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
For more information, e-mail email@example.com.