ICRD Program Assistant position:
The International Center for Religion & Diplomacy (ICRD) is seeking to hire a Program Assistant who will work with the entire ICRD team to provide support for specific ICRD projects, particularly in Yemen and with grant proposals – including but not limited to the following:
- Provide administrative and programming support including: communications, drafting of documents, and logistical support;
- Assist with writing summaries of project activities and results including quarterly and other program reports for funding agencies;
- Assist the team with project oversight, including financial tracking and progress towards program deliverables;
- Translate between Arabic and English, both orally and in written documentation;
- Assist with the development of program resources;
- Conduct research to support senior staff in developing proposals and program implementation;
- Possible travel to assist with field-programming and training logistics;
- Other tasks as designated by ICRD senior staff.
- Strong inter-personal skills;
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken;
- Meaningful experience in supporting project management, administration, and implementation;
- Commitment to religious pluralism and religious freedom;
- Exceptional research, writing, and editing skills;
- Willingness to be flexible and contribute beyond normal tasks and areas of expertise;
- Ability to handle multiple competing deadlines, as well as adapt to differences in cultural and professional styles across country contexts;
- Effective at working as part of a team in a diverse and fluid environment;
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems with minimal supervision;
- Legally authorized to work in the United States (ICRD is unable to sponsor visas at this time);
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2 years of relevant experience in International Affairs, Conflict Resolution, Religious Studies or related field (with a focus in the MENA region, preferred) or Master’s Degree in same.
Additional Skills – some or all of the following are preferred:
- Fluency in both written and spoken Arabic strongly preferred;
- Experience in grants management, including working with USG grant mechanisms;
- Experience in program design;
- Experience in designing financial management tools;
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation.
Salary Range: $28,000 to $36,000 annually, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. To be considered for a Program Assistant position, please compile your cover letter, resume, writing samples, and references into a single Word or PDF document and send to Aeryka Fausett at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please label the attachment: “Last Name First Name_ICRD Program Assistant Application”.
- Cover Letter – Include a brief overview of your qualifications for the position and why you are interested in working with ICRD.
- Résumé – Include your professional and educational experience and language skills (specify level of oral and written skills).
- Writing Sample – Please submit two 1-3 page writing samples of your choice (may be excerpts from longer essays), feel free to submit an Arabic translation as well.
- References – Please submit the name, phone number, and email of two-three references. At least one of these should be a professional reference, the others can be professional or academic references.